and a half
with a girl I have never had a conversation
beyond you go, and you rock, and see ya later
and in phone time
that's a long time
and I know it wasn't a real conversation
because I was trying to figure out
all the things I could do and still be there
to say yeah?
of course
and I agree
And you would think if it was one of those one sided talks
that it did not affect me
but while she was talking
I was collecting her words
and listening
and calculating what to say
when it was needed
and I was being changed
She told me her stories
and I recorded them:
I can see the life I would have
I can smell the cake batter
I can see us laughing
puzzling, and talking of matters of the heart
because that's what we did
In my mind I tell myself I would be happy
I know I'd be happy
In my mind it's all happy
but for four years
he was leading a double life
She went on to talk about figuring out herself
and in the end she thanked me
and promised to call again
and she was gone
feeling relief
I suppose
for having someone else lift the burden
of caring her tears
and her past
she left me with a new piece in my heart
something borrowed
and exhausted
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.