Tuesday, September 20, 2011

It's not gone
I know what I want from love
and I've seen glimpses of what it can be
it's accepting that it might fucking hurt
a lot
and that no matter how many times
no matter how many different times you get to love
you're not ever really going to learn
how to keep it

You dont' need a break up to be reminded
that you're a fuck up
and that so is everyone else
and we're all just trying to find someone
or something
that will be striving to be happy
at the same time
but you can only swing at the same pace for so long
it will come and go
and sometimes it will  be so far gone
sometimes you don't get to start over
and it will always be for the same reasons

I feel like I keep getting closer
and if I stumble upon the right idea I'll get to keep it
I think I know what love is
and what I want from it
it's never where I need it to be
or where I'd like it to be
but I'm always going to try to make it work
even when I know it's in the wrong place
and if it always begins fighting against what should be
it's never going to last

but at least there is love
at least I get to believe in it

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.