Tuesday, November 16, 2010

couldn't help but notice

it.

toxic heart, scrape the ooze off
scrape the overuse,
it’s green and alive
beating with radiation
giving all it has, has rotted it
thick layers of bubbling  deceit
and butterflies
dead ones, with twitches and reflexes

last night was nice, I smiled and laughed
breathing in the simplicity
that wasn’t the lie
the lie was in our hands; trickling past
I’m sorry I didn’t catch it and fling it into view
I’m sorry I didn’t slap my heart on the table
So you could see the bruises and the holes

Here’s my last cut, the deepest mark
Not on my whole heart but beneath
Somewhere deeper
I couldn’t put into words what was happening
I forgot to scream and yawned instead

It’s not your fault
     it’s just your hand print

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.