Friday, July 1, 2011

too vague, try again

We went on another date
and it didn't fit in with the last
it was out of order
I forgot that we'd already passed the hand holding phase
so when he grabbed my hand I was shocked
and he talked about his dreams like he'd related them with me before
and he told me things about myself I'd forgotten he'd seen
and he classified me as the anti-damsel, and I was impressed
but he'd said it before, still not seeming possible
I let it go
so we continued to talk
making excuses
and ignoring expiration dates

I painted a picture on his arm
with a little silver brush
left it to dry
turned around, and he'd taken it away
the arm
the paint
himself
now I'm left
where he told me I could survive
and where we planned on meeting, alone
I sat and decided to believe him
I decided to be strong enough

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.