Saturday, February 19, 2011

it's not poetry anymore

I can pray still
I can pray that maybe
even after I've screamed
(it was only goodbye)
that even after you know that I hate you
and even after you've seen proof
and heard
and even after too many new lines have been crossed
I can pray that you'll call it bluff
that you'll point at my insanity
and call it what it is
and 
Well I don't know what it is
sometimes I'm right
very right, and sometimes it's not us
and sometimes I'm not good enough
and I'll run and close my eyes to the pain
but I never run far enough
I guess it's how I stay alive
I must like it
what else is (love) for?
I'll stay, to watch you
sort through your quick forevers
remembering how it worked when I was there

I can still pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.