Friday, December 17, 2010

and then

They had already stuck me with their miracle cure
so it was too late
I felt I had been on the brink of something real
a revelation, an understanding
But they took that away from me

Now. Now I was falling
Soft empty space rolled around me
And I floated.
I could no longer see the injustice
I couldn't feel hurt
I was barely a consciousness
I was barely a heart beat
And then it faded

I felt it leak out
and it was gone fast
Nothing left inside of me but noise
Voices, and colours not my own,
and numbers
If I could just figure out this code
If I could find the answer
It would make sense
Time stopped and skipped
a cracked CD, and I almost had it
I could almost see the answer
I would solve everything
Just a few more moments
and then


They had already stuck me with their miracle cure
so it was too late
I felt I had been on the brink of something real
a revelation, an understanding
But they took that away from me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.