Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Foreshadowing

Abuser isn't a good word for a poem
Preceded by I am an or I was an
Or I have been an
or I have developed certain unsavory qualities like that of an
just doesn't paint a pretty picture
even in songs clumped with words like
user, pain, and your worst nightmare
the tone is screeching and hateful
even if my words attempt to be innocent
and start with I don't think I am
or I never intended to be
it makes for a bad theme, or motto
Though I am not
I'm not.
And I loved you too
but your words manipulate my promises
and your words manipulate my motivations
and your words screw over my contentment
So perhaps I'll end up alone
and perhaps it'll be my own doing
pushing away the constant ones
and hiding with the fleeting
Perhaps you should of known better
I almost think I did
I almost think I warned you
I almost hope the anger will last
It just doesn't paint a pretty picture

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.